Oncopeptides is a pharmaceutical company focused on the development of targeted therapies for difficult-to-treat hematological diseases. The company is focusing on the development of the lead product candidate melflufen (melphalan flufenamide), a first-in-class anti-cancer peptide-drug conjugate that rapidly delivers an alkylating payload into tumor cells. Melflufen is in development as a new treatment for the hematological cancer multiple myeloma and is currently being evaluated in multiple clinical studies including the pivotal phase 2 HORIZON study and the ongoing phase 3 OCEAN study. Oncopeptides’ headquarters is in Stockholm, Sweden with U.S. headquarters in Boston, Mass. The company is listed in the Mid Cap segment on Nasdaq Stockholm with the ticker ONCO.
Oncopeptides was established in 2000 with headquarter in Stockholm, Sweden. Today the company consists of 250+ coworkers in Europe and USA.
We are now looking for a Global Health Economics and Outcomes Research (HEOR) Head who will be accountable for development and management of health economic, comparative effectiveness, real world data, patient reported outcomes and epidemiologic initiatives that supports the market access throughout the lifecycle of Oncopeptides products. The Global Head of HEOR will support the disease area and products by providing expertise in the areas of responsibility to generate clinical and economic data to support the medical value of Oncopeptides products. The position is accountable for ensuring that Global HEOR perspectives are represented within the applicable plans. This position requires proficiency in pharmaceutical research design and methods, pharmacoeconomic principles, project, and vendor management skills. Global HEOR Head reports to SVP Global Head Medical Affairs and must not have commercial objectives or measures and must comply with all applicable rules, regulations, and standards.
- Lead, manage and develop the Global HEOR team including direct line management of all the team members.
- Lead the development and execution of Global HEOR program that is aligned with the medical and commercial strategies of Oncopeptides products.
- Contribute with good understanding of products in development, the competitive landscape, healthcare, and payer market, evolving medical practice standards and advances in HEOR assessments/data
- Drive the collaborative generation of a medical evidence plan including strategy, tactics and clear deliverables (e.g.: payer-perspective in clinical trials, Real World studies, patient reported outcomes, resource data collection, statistical analyses incl. network meta analyses and economic models) and their communication through Global Value Dossiers (GVD), publications, etc.
- Prepare and/or review outcomes research protocols, statistical analysis plans (SAPs), and reports
- Prepare, review, and publish scientific reports reflecting ongoing or completed work.
- Ensure organized and timely execution and completion of assigned HEOR projects that include appropriate outcome assessments, analysis plans, and final reports with expectation for submitting a publication relevant to HEOR data generation strategies.
- Develop and maintain the relationship with external agencies and monitors their performance to ensure that performance and deliverables meet external expectations
- Communicate with relevant internal and external audiences, which may include regulators, health care providers/practitioners, HTA authorities/payers, patients, and others.
- Ensure findings are communicated effectively, and as appropriate in conference presentations, publications, dossiers, and other means
- Represent HEOR in cross-functional teams and collaborate and partner with key internal stakeholder colleagues to ensure priorities and strategies are aligned
- To hire and manage HEOR vendors in a thoughtful manner in line with our needs. Ensuring they act in line with all applicable standards, rules, and regulations.
- Is responsible for budget development and planning including assessing cost and ensure return of investment. Furthermore, ensure cost control and strategic use of budget related activities within the scope of the role.
- 5 + years pharma experience including Oncology or Hematology and with at least 3 years of experience from HEOR.
- Demonstrate a high level of knowledge in Oncology/Hematology associated scientific literature and continuously stay up to date and develop knowledge.
- Proficiency in pharmaceutical research design and methods, pharmacoeconomic principles, project, and vendor management skills.
- Extensive experience from developing/implementing HEOR strategies in launch phase.
- Proven experienced in successful execution of HEOR projects.
- Solid collaboration and teamwork inter-personal characteristics.
- Innovative mindset with the ability to work in an agile environment.
- Pro-active and goal oriented with the ability to act independent.
- Skills in establishing long lasting relationships with different working groups, authorities, societies, and other stakeholders.
- Leadership skills with the ability to build high performing teams and in addition drive functional as well as cross-functional performance
- Higher scientific qualification e.g. MD, Natural Sciences or PharmD and with experience in Hematology and/or Oncology.
- Academic research experience, e.g. PhD
- Current GCP Training
- Always keep high ethical standards and acting compliant to applicable rules and regulations.
Please send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org and write Global Head of HEOR in the subject line. We handle screening and selection continuously and therefore encourage you to apply as soon as possible. Start-date will be according to agreement. All enquiries are treated confidentially and will be handled in accordance with GDPR.